6/23/2007

Tagged.

Well, I have been tagged by my friend Lizzie and the 7 Random Things meme. I suppose I'll be a nice blogger and play along!

In no particular order:

1. I like Star Trek. I'm not a trekkie (or trekker...or whatever they like to be called), but I do enjoy a good episode of TNG or Voyager. I think Patrick Stewart is quite sexy in his uniform and I think of Captain Picard everytime I drink Earl Grey tea. Make it so, Number 1.

2. I jumped off the roof when I was thirteen. No, it wasn't a suicide attempt. It was a challenge from my sister who called me a chicken. Looking back, it was a REALLY stupid thing to do. I landed myself in the emergency room and then in surgery a week later. They had to use a screw to correct my shattered ankle. Bye bye ballet!

3. I, in general, hate movies about music or musicians. It's probably because I am one. I found Mr. Holland's Opus contrived and I was very aware of its attempt to manipulate my emotions. Which it didn't. I'm okay with Amadeus, as long as people realize that the movie is a completely dramatized version of Mozart's life. Salieri wasn't really such a villan. Most of those events didn't even happen the way they were portrayed. Sigh.

4. My favorite food is pizza. Yup, I'm 30, and I can still say that pizza is my favorite food.

5. I once thought about giving up music and moving to Korea. Or becoming a massage therapist. Or teaching English in China.

6. My current dream is to be a good enough cyclist and a good enough German speaker to spend a few weeks cycling through Germany. My dreams change often, though, so stay tuned. It's my Gemini nature.

7. My favorite book is Travels with Charley by Steinbeck. I read it first when I was 13 on a recommendation from one of my aunts (can't remember which one...). It's a great account of Steinbeck's travels through America with his dog, Charley. I think it may have sparked my interest in travel at a young age.

So there it is. Seven random things about me. Alas, I don't have much of a web presence yet, so I won't be tagging anyone.
But if you happened to run across my blog and read this meme, I hope you found it interesting!

Now I think I'll go ride my bike.

1 comment:

earthchick said...

#3 made me laugh.

About cycling through Germany, you should really talk to the Munsons. They just got back from cycling through Austria - sounds amazing. They are avid cyclists, too - and Mary has offered to loan me her bike so that you and I could ride the trail from Manchester (where she lives) to Tecumseh some time. Of course, I don't know if my sorry ass is up for such....