6/13/2007

Addiction.

Well, here it is. My first attempt at blogging. I must admit: I am intrigued by this idea of blogging, my friend's blogs, cycling blogs, food blogs, blogs blogs blogs. And I'm afraid of giving into another tempting addiction when I'm already up to my nosehairs in my very own version of cocaine: cycling.

It's new, this cycling addiction. I bought my road bike a mere month ago and she's been begging to be ridden every day since. I used to run. I used to study. I used to practice. Now I surf cycling forums, read magazines, analyze nutrition, and massage my dumb-struck quads.

The people at my LBS didn't warn me this might happen. They quite gleefully fitted me up and gently pushed my out the door for a test ride. I was hooked. Before I got on the road I wasn't sure I really wanted to spend the money required to purchase even an entry level road bike. I was really just planning to take a test ride or two, weigh my options, and maybe look to ebay for my bike needs.

Alas, no.

As soon my feet hit the pedals and the wheels sped down the roads behind my LBS, I knew that I HAD to have this bike. And so I bought her.

Here she is:



See all those books behind her?



Yeah. I should be reading those.

2 comments:

earthchick said...

WHEEEEEEEE!! You're in blogland. WELCOME. I'm thrilled you're here. :)

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

welcome to the wonderful (and addictive) world of blogging!