6/23/2007

Shoes!!!!

Yesterday, I received the most thrilling package in the mail. My bike shoes finally arrived!!



Aren't they pretty?

Over two weeks ago I decided to go for it and go clipless. I did research. I visited my LBS. I tried on shoes and got my size. I spent hours online trying to find the best deal on shoes and pedals and finally, last Friday, took the plunge and ordered them. I decided it would be okay to order these online because 1) it was going to be cheaper 2) I had a gift certificate to Nashbar and 3) I knew I would have help putting the pedals on my bike.

I couldn't WAIT to try something new. (As if the whole cycling thing wasn't new enough!)

I ordered my pedals from ebay and they arrived while I was away at the beach.

Here is the old pedal:



Here are my new pedals (obviously not on the bike yet):



My shoes have cleats which lock into the pedals. The feeling of being clipped into the bike is totally awesome. Just as long as I don't lose my balance...and take a tumble...

It's the starting and stopping that's tricky. And the standing. And the not falling over.

But it is totally and completely worth it.