6/24/2007

a cool thing happened...

...while I was waiting to turn left onto Pontiac trail. I had decided to go out tonight for an easy easy easy bike ride to recover from yesterday's killer and to prepare for tomorrow morning's Monday jaunt with my BF (who for the sake of this blog I'll call Trumpet).

After tooling around the neighborhood for a bit, I rode up Pontiac and down Dhu Varren to a nice development with a great hill. It goes down, veers to the left, and back up again. When I was first learning how to ride my bike I used this hill to practice shifting down to granny gear (which I hardly use anymore) and back to the second chainring.

I took a few rides around the block, so to speak, and thought it might rain, so I rode back up Dhu Varren to the Pontiac intersection. I slid into the center of the lane (because I was turning left), unclipped, and rested my weight on my right foot. One car went by. And then another. I saw my opening after a little white something-or-other car.

As the little white something-or-other car went by, the driver honked and gave me a thumbs up!

It was über cool. And I think it will make me happy for weeks.